As I approach the beginning of the fourth month of POTD's, some thoughts have occured to me.
1. Not every picture of the day is good. Sorry to say, this is just going to be the case. One was so bad that I replaced it several days later. Needless to say, I'm not giving the date.
2. It's really hard to post a picture every day. I knew it would be, but I didn't know just how difficult it could be. Right now, as I type this, I'm at a complete loss as to what the POTD is going to be.
3. Certain subjects tend to repeat themselves. As a creature of habit, I find myself going to the same places at the same time every week. Not like clockwork, mind you, but roughly the same old. So that's why there are a lot of red Silver Spring buildings or pictures from the Metro.
4. Deadlines are important in personal work, too. Without having made the commitment, I know I would not be shooting every single day, and I am so happy to be doing just that.
5. At the end of all this, I will have posted 365 pictures!
Thanks to all of you who are following this project, and special thanks to everyone who comments, here and on Facebook.
I'd also like to thank my father, the noted photographer Bates Littlehales, for asking that I re- commit to this blog so he'd have some pictures to enjoy. Thanks, Dad! Hope you like 'em.
Got to go- need a picture for today.